To reduce the burden and incidence of cancer and other chronic diseases on all Essex and Passaic County residents by the promotion of improved outreach, education, screening, access to treatment and follow-up.
- To increase communication and collaboration among all stakeholders.
- To maximize the utilization of resources and coordinate priorities in seeking additional resources.
- To examine and prioritize the expansion of cancer and related chronic disease control efforts in Essex and Passaic Counties.
- To promote awareness of and participation in cancer and related clinical trials and to support investigations that seek to find the causes of cancer and related chronic diseases, improve care, reduce health disparities, or increase access.
- To effectively promote and implement the goals of the New Jersey Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan (NJ-CCCP), focusing on its priority cancers.
- To implement evidence-based strategies to effectively promote healthful behaviors, improved quality of life, extended years of healthy living, and reduction of related health disparities and chronic disease burden.
- To collaborate and coordinate with the County Cancer Education and Early Detection (CEED) Coalitions of Essex and Passaic Counties.